Very often PSUs are made obsolete by the manufacturer in a relatively short period of time, that’s not usually a problem for us. We repair and service PSUs for certain rail customers of ours who have PSUs that were built in the 1960s. Whether it’s a single output PSU, a programmable logic controller PSU, a servo drive PSU or a multi output water cooled PSU, our workshops can fully refurbish all types.
Any PSU repaired or serviced by us goes through a full refurbishment, we don’t just repair the fault. All components that are near end-of-life are replaced and often upgraded. In a PSU these are mainly the electrolytic capacitors, they wear out and become resistive. All these capacitors are upgraded with 105˚C low ESR types as opposed to the 85˚C types most manufacturers fit as standard. In our experience doing this gives a greater life to the PSU when it’s returned to you.
- Full refurbishment and upgrade of wearing parts
- Replacement of capacitors, opto-isolators, relays, cooling fans, analogue switches
- Testing carried out on programmable dynamic loads
- Thermal image capture of PSU on test
- Static load test up to 100kW
- SERVICEview video of testing
- 12 month standard warranty